This is a really easy and quick recipe with minimal ingredients to replicate a takeaway favourite. The venison works really well with the spices and tastes pretty bang on!
- 400g Venison Mince
- 35g Rusk (you can buy our gluten free rusk here)
- 56g Coconut butter (make sure it’s food grade, not cosmetic!)
- 1/2 onion, blitzed into a puree
- 2 clove garlic, pureed
- 1 tsp oregano/marjoram
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together and ensure they are very well blended and smooth
- Roll up the mixture in foil to form a tight log shape. Twist the ends to help you get it tighter but be careful it doesn’t explode in the middle!
- Bake in the oven at 180 degrees C for 45 minutes.
- Check the log is formed and has reached temperature.
- Then remove foil and bake for a further 10 minutes at 200 degrees C, rotating once.
- Slice thin cuts from the kebab for your donner kebab and serve with naan/chip/pitta/salad.