Seasonal eating is a big part of Italian country living. This is a traditional Ragu recipe you can use for spaghetti, pappardelle, tagliatelle and more.
- 1 celery stick
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 600g venison mince
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 garlic cloves
- fresh rosemary sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- 500ml stock (Beef or venison)
- 150ml red wine
- 1 can chopped tomato
- Soak the mince in the red wine and herbs for 1-2 hours or overnight (keep in the fridge!)
- Finely chop the onions, carrots, celery and garlic and sweat on a medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in tomato puree and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Pour the wine/herbs/mince mix into the pan, add the stock and tomatoes. Simmer and reduce the sauce.